Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13, 2011

Hello there,
So this week, really really intense. It has been kind of hecktik and frustrating. The Lord has taught me a very interesting lesson on patience this week. Patience is the one christ-like attribute that I am struggling with. He has shown me how much I really do need him.
I am disappointed in some of our investigators, some of which have recognized us as the Lords servants, but flat out rejected us. It is so heart- breaking to show up at a teach, excited to share the gospel, and getting a Book of Mormon shoved back at you. People don't understand the power that comes from that book! It is perfectly translated, no one has tampered with it. It is evidence that what we have to say is valid. People always say, there are so many churches in the world... hmmm.. I wonder which one is right..??? Well let me show you dummy!! haha The book of mormon contains evidence that Joseph Smith is a prophet (it was translated by him through the power of God). If Joseph Smith is a prophet then every priciple given through him by the Lord is true. The validity of our church is hanging on the Book of Mormon.

haha this week has actually been pretty good. It has been a good learning experience. We actually have had a very successful week. We recieved 3 new investigators, moving us up to 10 invesigators.. 4 of which are progressing towards baptism. I am so grateful. Wu (our chinese investigator who "was" athiest) finally prayed!! I jumped up when she told me, she has been struggling with that concept for a long time. She did it!! She felt the peace that comes from it. I hope she keeps going.

We were out contacting and we ran into this other chinese man who is from Kuopio, which is south about two hours. We talked to him, and he said he was meeting with the missionaries there. 10 minutes after we had left him, our district leader called from Kuopio and said,"Our investigtor called (this man) and said he is stoked to get back into the lessons. Apparently they were about to drop him because he just wasn't crazy interested, or something along those lines. I was so stoked!! Dudeeeee!!! The Lord is helping us here. He shows us so many miracles every single day, but sometimes I feel bad for not giving him all the credit. I hope you don't think i am sharing these stories to brag. haha I'm a tall linky kid, who can barely iron his shirt, and keep his pants on straight!!! But I am grateful for my companion. Our goal has been to be 100 percent obediant to every single rule. I am so grateful for his example to me. We both are up when we are suppose to, out when we are suppose to be, and we are really good about being in bed by 10:30. Except sometimes we talk, but that doesn't count!!!

The real miracle this week came from the Book of Mormon. In Preach my Gospel, and our Mission President, gave us challenge to read the B.O.M a certain way. In one color you highlight any referrance to the Lord (in red), in another color you highlight his attributes (blue), in another color you highlight his actual words, when it says something like "Thus saith the Lord" (in yellow), in another color you mark specific principals taught in the book of mormon (in green). Reading this way has consummed me. I have come to know the Lord in a way that I never have before. It has transformed the way I pray at night to Heavenly Father. You really see how alive the Lord really is.

Haha this morning in personal study, I skipped breakfast to read. I started and later looked at my clock..... I had been reading for over an hour!! It makes you slow down and really see who is talking here. I invite you to do the same. First off, get a copy of Preach my gospel and study it. PMG is how the Lord would do missionary work.
It is amazing to see how close he really is to each of us, and how much heavenly father really does know us and our needs. Every day He shows me, and tells me the fact that he does have a plan for everyone.
Finland is so much fun here. My District Leader and I went on splits, and we went to a service project in the country side. It was nice not being in the city, and so unbelievably beautiful. It is however so freakin hot!! The humidity is crazy, but we have a lot of fun. I am going to develop pictures today for both of you. Keep telling me about what's going on in the outside world! The Finns here talk about weird stuff that is happening... so, keep me posted.
Love you both,
Rauha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment