Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012 (abt. 166 days left)

Dear Family! This has been an extremely challenging week! I'm not going to pretend that it was easy! We are working very hard to do what is right, and follow the counsel. I actually had the privilege of going down to Helsinki to go on compi exchanges with the assistants. We were down there and i had the opportunity to meet with President. I was a little stressed and so I called him up to see if I could come talk with him a little. It was so great to meet with him. He talked about how we usually get stressed when we worry about things that aren't under our control. There are times when we just need to relay those things to the Lord, and He will take care of it. That really meant a lot to me. We talked for awhile haha! We talked about the North zone, and about the work up here. He says that very large things are going to happen, and i very much believe so as well. The adversary knows what's coming, and we just need to not get discouraged with our limited view of the things that are going on around us. We have been really trying to help the members do missionary work by role playing with them. We have been helping them present the Book of Mormon. It has gone very well as we have been consistent with it, and have made it fun. I love teaching so much. It is so much fun to see the light come on in someones eyes. Nothing can replace that feeling of love that comes for someone who Heavenly Father has placed in our path. We have been working with one guy who the sister missionaries referred to us. They have taught him multiple times, but he hasn't really come to church etc... We met with him a few times, and then Saturday he canceled our lesson with him. We pushed, and prayed that He would come to church. He said, well... I guess sooo. To be honest I didn't have very much confidence in his answer haha. The next morning he walked in, and it was so cool! I was so grateful to the Lord, that He helped him come. I had another cool experience with the scriptures this last week. In 2 Nephi 32:3 I believe it says,"Angels speak by the power of the holy ghost, wherefore they speak the words of Chirst. Therefore i said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ, for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things, what ye should do." The other day, I just prayed with all my heart that the Lord would help me see what we need to do now here. In the zone, and in our area. As I read and prayed very hard with specific questions I received very specific impressions. I was thinking about the importance of questions in our personal lives. Questions prepare us to receive revelation. It is interesting that Joseph Smiths prayer was answered as he asked god about his specific question. All I know is that it has helped me a ton in my work here. Way cool! Well I guess i'll wrap this up haha. Mom I would say that just get me signed up for the classes I need to qualify for that mcat test. I may need to retake things haha, because I have forgotten a lot about writing, and math, and science haha. I can't even pronounce english words with the letter r in it without rolling the r haha! It will be fun. I'm not scarred for the test though. I heard a quote once that says. "Whenever something in you says it's impossible, remember, take a careful look, and see if it isn't really God asking you to grow an inch or a foot or a mile, so that you may come to a fuller life." I don't remember who said it, but it's true. I can do anything with God's help. I love you so much. Thank you for your support. Will

No comments:

Post a Comment