Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Letter April 6, 2011

I wrote William to tell him that one of his good friends, Jeffery, is going to the Finland, Helsinki Mission and will report August 17th. His letter: Mom, I am so excited that he got called there, that is really crazy! Rumor has it that it is the highest progressing mission in the church right now as far s percentages go. The field is ready to harvest! That ws so dorky, but had to throw it in there. I miss you, but I love being here though. It can be stressful and discouraging at times, but when we accomplish something - it makes everything worth it. We are teaching our first lesson in Finnish tomorrow, and I have been studying like crazy! (well...trying haha) I have my part memorized, and have been learning how to structure sentences so I can speak from my heart. I have been learning the first vision, and can teach it pretty well. My companion said, "Did you learn Finnish overnight?" I am progressing pretty slow when it comes to atually learning the language in my district, but when I teach - it's like it comes right out. One thing I learned is that I'm not called to learn Finnish, I'm called to preach the gospel, and Finnish is just a tool to do that. As long as I can look someone in the eye, and say I know that my Redeemer lives, that's all I need, and I'm good to go. But, I still want to study some more here, before I put that into effect. I have been working out a lot, and am about the size of Michael Ormsby (in my mind). But ya... I go running everyday, and I love playing basketball to relieve my stress from our 14 hour days in the classroom!!! I have been getting a lot of mail, especially from you and dad, and others. I love your letters; they make me smile so much. The other day dad and uncle Rowan sent me some stuff in this big flower box, and all the really cute sister missionaries were talking to me, haha (close but no cigar - can I say that, lol). It's a conversation starter. I learned in conference tha the Lord does chasten his people sometimes. I guess I never really saw things that way, but it's true. Heavenly Father wants us to grow, and I testify that if we treat that situation with a humble attitude, relying on God.. He will help us. The scripture Proverbs 3:5 come to my mind. Here it can be really stressful. One day I'll be feeling on top of the world with a grammar principle, and the next I'm in Elder Orr's arms crying in the featle postion! (jk - but seriously - lol no not really...) But I am grateful for trials because they help us come closer to our Heavenly Father. When we feel like our support system is gone, or whatever... it really is not. He is with His Saints, even when it feels like he's not. He is. Vanhin Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment