Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 11, 2011

Hi Mom,
Don't worry about the calling card, I bought one with a thousand minutes on it at the book store.
We leave here on Monday, and I am going crazy!! I am so excited. For some reason a few weeks ago I got really nervous inside. I didn't tell anyone, but I was stressed. Then a letter came from my branch president that said, "Elder Perry, you're doing great. And then it went on to say, "Fear is not from God." That really hit me, and its so true. You can't really love someone perfectly if you don't trust them. So after about five minutes I said, "Okay, i'm not scared anymore." :) I promise you that I am taken care of here.
May I make one suggestion to you, "Don't worry!!" I am so happy here, I love it here. If the Savior came to me right now and said, "Elder Perry I will give you the option of going home and going to school, and doing all of that home stuff, or to stay here and do the work".......... I without a second thought would choose to stay here! I have learned a very important principal from the Book of Mosiah, , "The Lord seeth fit to chasteneth his people, ye he trieth their patience and their faith. Neverthless whomsoever putteth his trust in him, with be lifted up at the last day." This promise is real. Every challenge that I have gone through here has strengthened me in ways that I can't even tell you. I have started to look at trials in a whole new perspective.
In the church we here the phrase, "I want to become like jesus, I want to walk in his footsteps." We always pray that the Lord will help us be more like him. The thing is, we have to actually walk his path. We have to struggle, we have to suffer, we have to sometimes get on our knee's in tears saying, "Father please... I can't do this alone." If we want to become like Jesus Christ.. we too have to take a few steps into Gethsemane.
But I know now... That if we strive to become like the Savior, we will be the happiest. When we love like him, when we think like him.... their is no room for failure.
I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting last sunday, when the song Lead, Kindly Light came on. The lyrics say, " Lead kindly light against the circling gloom, lead thou me on, the dark is night, and I am far from home... Lead thou me on. Sometimes I miss home alot, but I catch myself in silent prayer... and say.. Lead thou me on. "He who has put forth his hand to the plough, looking back, is not fit for the kingdom of God."
I am so excited to talk to you mom. I will call you in Salt lake around six on monday, and then in Chicago around 11, and in Germany the next day.
Don't worry about me, I know, and you know who is at the head. He has never left me comfortless, and he will never leave you. Make sure and apply his Atonement in this hard time. The atonement is not just for sins, but for people who hurt.
I miss you alot mom, but I love being here so unbelievably much. I have made a goal to really read and ponder the scriptures everyday. I have been doing at least 10 pages a day. The spirit is so strong when we show the Lord we care. My advice to you is to push yourself with your scripture study, even if it is only one chapter a day. You will recieve blessings throughout the whole day.
love you oodles of noodles,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment