Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 4, 2011

Hello family,
I wanted to get my email done early today so you can reply to me on that dearelder thing! Things went pretty good this week. We are all studying hard to get our last bit of studying in before the big move!! Last night elder Orr started crying and wanted dog.... jk... don't tell him I said that haha. I don't mean this in a bad way, but Girls are brain ninja's!!! gosh..

Elder Orr and I had to have a comp inventory with Sister Merkley because she was mad at everyone in our district for some reason. We started out with a prayer, and both asked a few questions, and then she started venting!! It was so funny because I looked at Elder Orr and he was looking at his watch, I looked down and we had been in there for an hour! Great Scott!! I have studying to do. But it was good to resolve some of her struggles. We both walked out of there exsausted, and she was as happy as a bird.

I had a pretty cool experience last night. Some of the guys started talking about studpid stuff so I decided to go study scriptures in the hall and read my patriarchal blessing. I was reading, and one of the lines said, "He is mindful of you." I have for some reason been worrying about everything!! School, work, family, friends, whether or not i am going to make a difference in finland, everything that the adversary could possibly throw at me. But I basically got the impression, be still.... your heavenly father loves you.. He knows what your worried about, he knows what concerns you. I then decided to open my scriptures, and i opended to the 9th chapter of Mormon. i know the scriptures are so important. I heard a quote that says, "Prayer is how we comunicate with god, and the scriptures is how he communicates with us." That chapter said everything i needed to know. Now I am not worried about a thing!! who cares about the regular world. "Sufficent today is the evil thereof." Don't worry about tomorrow.

I am just trying to be a good boy, honor my covenants, keep my commandments.. and I know if I do that, that I will be led to those who need the gospel. I love that promise, and I know if I just try and do that.. My whole life will be awesome!! I am not worried about a thing! It is so great.. The only thing I have to think about is preaching the gospel.
love you both,
Elder Perry
Ps I get my travel plans tomorrow, so AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Where is my brown paper bag!????

No comments:

Post a Comment