Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

Oh my gosh, funny week haha.

We had the most amazing week here in good old Suomi!! First amazing story. A few weeks ago we met this really nice girl who has the most amazing testimony of Jesus Christ! We talked to her, and stuff, but when I asked for her number, she said, "Well, if God wants me to meet you again, then he'll set it up." We smiled and said okay.. see you soon haha. We were sitting in a teach with another girl, and my eye literally started killing. It got unbelievably red, and swollen, I was dying. But we got through the lesson, and I felt like I should go to the optic store down town on the way home. I bought some eye gel (14 Euro's by the way) and we headed for home. On the way she was walking dead towards us. I saw her first and said,"No way!!!!" We literally talked for an hour. I was still dying haha but you know what they say.... take one for the team. However we got her phone number, and she actually gave us a referral haha. Cool beans...

Elder Nielsen and I went up to Oulu to meet the new president. These two girls came up to us on the train and started talking to us.. but then we just contacted them, and they had to leave haha.

Anyways.... He is exactly what we need right now! He gave us some amazing advice. Everytime you meet someone, pray that Heavenly Father will show His love for them through you. It has been amazing! Elder Larsen and I went on splits up in Oulu. He was in my district in the MTC. We set our goals, and prayed that Heavenly Father would help us accomplish our goals, and we did amazing. Neither of us speak very good Finnish, but we just went for it! It is so legit. I am so grateful for the love God shows to His children.

I used to be so intimidated to speak Finnish by myself. But I just decided to go for it. One of my favorite things is finding my biggest fear, and getting over it. So talking with Finns was my biggest fear, so I got over it. Yesterday I went up to everyone that I could before the meeting started and talked with them. It has been so much fun. The language is starting to click, but I still butcher about every sentence haha! I can understand a lot though.

So yesterday while we were teaching our golden contact and her friend we were teaching this guy from the United States (haha). At the end of the lesson we asked her to pray, and she said an amazing heartfelt prayer. (Haha) But after that, her friend held out both his hands to shake Elder Nielsen and my hand. We of course shook, but he grabbed our hands and started praying (haha) we were like standing up. We looked at each other and almost busted out laughing, but we sat down and had another prayer (haha). They are both really religious, and I hope they see us as God's reprasentatives.

I can't emphasize enough to you how much my life has changed just this past week by following my mission presidents advice. Never leave someone you meet without them knowing that you love them!!! I have been so much happier, and things have been so much easier to deal with. That is my suggestion to you both. Try it. The scriptures say,"Pray that God will fill you with this love." There is great power that comes from just letting someone know that you care. The prophets tell us that,"True love, beareth all things, beliveth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." If people lived their life based on that concept, relationships would not fail. Because that is how Christ loves us. His way will never fail.

I'm glad that you both got my pictures. I wish I could send you more, but it is so expensive to print pictures here. It is Elder Nielsens birthday tomorrow, and I am trying to figure out what I should get him. Is it selfish that I want to get him something that he'll have to give me when he goes home in a month?? hmm... I don't think so.. However I have to hand over my queen size bed, and take the twin! lame.. but it's all good.. I'm pretty sure i'm going to be in Joensuu for awhile, so I'll just take it back next change.

I miss you both so much. I have really been trying to make you proud by my actions. Although I make mistakes everyday obviously, I have been trying to live my mission without regrets. So far, I feel like I have been trying to do everything I can to be obediant. I wish I could tell you both more. Happy 4th of July!! Thank you dad for everything you have done to serve our country.

Mom I am making your potato soup this sunday, and I am really excited. We have been traveling so much and it has been so busy, that It has been hard to cook it. But I miss you a lot, and I will try to send more chocolate and stuff.
I really want you both to try the challenge, and advice my mission president gave. Especially for you Dad on I-15!! haha jk

Thank you so much for everything, love you
Vanhin Peru (that's how you pronounce Perry in Finnish)
Raakaudella!!

No comments:

Post a Comment