Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011

Hello Perheni.....

So before I start my email today, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support, and letters, whether it's through email, or cards... It means the world to me. The saddest thing to a missionary is loosing an investigator, especially one who was a good friend. The only thing that compares with that, is coming home to an empty mailbox. However, I'm grateful to my family and friends who always make sure that I can count on recieving something.

First of all, Alexya... Of course it's not the same without me!!! I'm Willy... This time I am not going to look up the words you sent me haha. I will send you a letter this week to expound on your email haha. Hilarious by the way...

Now to the Vanhemmat... I didn't get a change call!! I can stay in Joensuu for a little longer. Yesterday all the memebers in our branch asked me if I recieved one, and I smilied and said, "En!!!!!!" I love Joensuu so much. I have a big sister here named Niina. She is way sweet. Really tiny, but hilarious. Everytime she calls, or we call her she calls me her veli, and I call her my vanhempi siskoa. I also am so close to our branch.. given there is only 25- 30 people.. 30 people being generous haha.. But the branch has a big heart!!! Except for the Bishop who verbally abuses our investigators. I think He should get Michael Scotts biggest Ding award!! Our mission president said talking to him about the success in Finland is like talking with Eyeore... the donkey off of Winney the Pooh....... not that I know who that is................. (Clear the throat)... moving forward.


We had some very cool experiences. I first want to say that I know what I am about to share with you is very true. Our golden investigator! He is a very smart guy. He is a scientist from India who is very successful. He came to Joensuu for school, was here for four days before we found him. He is a very close friend to me, and we will probably be friends for eternity. Anyways He has accepted everything we have taught to him. His own words,"This feels good, and if I don't understand it, I just accept it, and choose faith." Woooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... okay, anyways... It finally came down to the Big three!! Law of Chasity, Word of Wisdom, and and and and and Law of Tithing.. Perry throws to Weaver who pitches to Tarun on the 20 (Law of Chasity... already obeys it). Five yards down sacked by the devil Word of wisdom, yet shakes it off, next play runs 15 for the first down, and a word of wisdom acceptance. Five yards to go....... satan, paholainen, U of U, (Clearing the throat again), intercepts the pass, and........... needless to say He couldn't accept the Law of Tithing. We talked, shared scriptures, bore testimony, nothing.................. He said it felt true, but He wasn't sure if He wanted to do it. We talked for two hours, and we thought we would have to move the date. We said a closing prayer... Elder Weaver and I were crushed..... and after the prayer He sat in his chair looked at us and said, "Don't move my date. I know this is true, and i'll follow it."

I sat back, and I think I said something along the lines of,"WHAAAATT!!??" I was shaking off the edge of my chair, and about passed out. I sat back, and for a second it seemed as though angels were in the room right next to him telling him what he needed to do. I testify that they were. The Lord knew him. He knew why he led him to joensuu, and He was not going to let him fall. I was deeply touched by his true faith. He is such a willing person, and so ready to become not only a member of this church, but a disciple of Christ. True Christianity is love in action.. (President Mckay). He is a very good definition of that.

Well with another change comes another........... hair cut............... which I gave to myself........ again. But I think it looks okay, the problem is Elder Weaver does not know how to cut hair. Nor (I got out on the word "Nor" in the third grade spelling bee... what the heck! Nor?... N.... O... R.... E...... uh.... no) does he care. So when I asked him to check the back, He's like uhhh well sure... yur good. HAHA thanks bro!!!! I could be looking like chewbackka back there, going all over the place. I need to ask someone if it looks good haha.

Now to the essentials. Last week the doctor was out of town so they rescheduled my appointment for today. It is at klo 13:20 and I will write in my letter to you (mom) the results. Father, I am disappointed that you weren't praying hard enough for BYU!!! However I do have a question haha Did you remember to send my shoe polish, and stuff?? I haven't recieved it yet so.. no worries. I will be at the same address for the next change which is Koulukatu 31 B 27 80100 Joensuu, Suomi. I will make sure and tell you when to not send stuff when I get my new schedule from the toimisto.

Tell natalie Happy Birthday!!!! and I will write her a letter today. Tell Mike that I'm sorry, but I did send a package for him, but I guess it was lost!!! Lame.

Ya'll are the best, especially you mom,

love

Vanhin P

No comments:

Post a Comment