Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26,

Haha, Hello Family.

I think this is the first time that mom forgot to write back haha. When I opened my email account I thought that there must be something horribly wrong. Well... this week has been incredible with an amazing end. We have gone through a lot of trials, and a lot of crazy things, but on the other hand we've seen a lot of miracles, and had a lot of fun. The term I believe is referred to as bittersweet haha.

First of all, I went to the eye doctor last monday, (155 Euro's!!!), and he said I have an eye infection. Nothing major, but He gave me some eye drops to take during the day for a little while, and everything should be good. It was so hilarious. I was sitting in the waiting room, and this doctor opens the door of a dark room, and says, "Perry," with a deep voice haha. We walk into this long dark room where He tells me, turn your head and cough...... in finnish I didn't understand.... Just Kidding.... but it was a dark room. Elder Weaver was on one side, and I was on the other in a huge chair. However he turned out to be a very nice guy, and everthing is fine now.

Well it's the first day of my fourth change. General Conference and zone conference are this week!! Hienoa!! We are going to Oulu on thursday, and coming home probably Monday. It's gonna be sweet seeing all the Vanhimmat up der in da north. Daddy Keep me away fro them mountain people!!! Haha Yesterday I was thinking about how much I wish I could go get a chocolate shake from dairy queen with you. Those were fun times.

Elder Weaver and I have started to get along a lot better. We are two completely different people. For instance he recieved a package today, and in it his parents sent him a cataloge with all this computer hardware in it haha. He said something along the lines of, "Woww!! a proton megabite harddrive with a 250 mega wat capacitator in it for only 250 dollars!!" I looked and said,"Mm Hmm... sounds like a steal haha." But we have come a long way. We're pretty use to each other now, so things are a lot easier. I've learned great lessons from the Lord in Humility. I've learned to humble myself and if a problem comes up, just say, "I'm Sorry." Those words feel like theeee hardest words to say in the english vocabulary sometimes. But they need to be said, especially when there is contention between you and your companion. We can't let contention interfere with the Lords work. I'm not gonna say that I'm perfect, but I try to do my best.

We had district meeting last week, and Elder Cassity really stressed the importance of prayer. He talked about doing it a certain way, and I know that this way works so much better. I didn't know how to pray!!! The first step is, Quiet yourself, take some time to let your mind settle down. Second, Visualize your Heavenly Father, and how much he loves you. How proud He is of his son, or daughter. Thirdly, Explain your situation with him, and counsel with him. Fourth, pay attention to your feelings, and really try to know what his will is. Fifth, Thank him for the answer you recieve.

Elder Weaver and I found ourselves at a road- block with one of our investigators. I started teaching her with vanhin Nelsen, now Vli Nelsen, and now Elder Weaver. She isn't sure about the church, the spirit has been working on her, but she says that right about the time that feels its true, she convinces herself that it's not! We weren't sure if we should give her some time, or if we should continue teaching her (because she wasn't keeping all of her commitments). We decided after the teach to say a prayer that way. I kid you not, that the powers of heaven came down to help us. Our Heavenly Father, saw our challenge, gave peace to our minds and hearts, and also gave us direction.

Some times we go through pits, or personal Hell's. But the counsel given from the Savior is so real. He says, "In the world ye shall have tribulation, but fear not, for I have overcome the world. I forgot the referrance, but the principal is so true. I know that whenever I am struggling, or whenever I have a concern, or maybe I'm just in a bad mood haha. I can pray to my father, and he will hear my prayer. I'll be honest, sometimes going tracting is not my favorite thing, or getting laughed at because you believe in something that can't be seen. Sometimes it's hard, but wherever I am, in the day or night, I know I can pray. I hope that anyone who does read my emails does not underestimate the power of prayer or the significance of it. No one is more interested in our success, than the one who called us.

I want to way I'm grateful for the prayers on my behalf. I know that we are led to people everyday, and help people in all classes of society. Now to the Grand finale!! One of our investigators was baptized on saturday by Elder Weaver!!! I was so happy to see him go to baptism. That sounds kind of weird in english, go to baptism.. that's how you say it in finnish.... anyways the night before the baptism we recieved a prompting to make sure that he brings extra underwear haha. The next day we called him and said, make sure and bring white underwear.... and he was like.. I don't have any.... (Of course I was the one on the phone with him!!!) I said, uh... well... I guess you can use some of mine... (work out ones) haha poor guy was like... uh... do I have to really?? I made some other calls and called him back and said, "well... yup I guess so."

This whole situation was so awkward, but once he was baptized it was great. The next day I confirmed him a member of the church, and gave him the gift of the holy ghost. I have to say that it was a very special experience to me, one that is very sacred. Just know that I know the power of the priesthood is real, and that Heavenly Father was so proud of His son that day. He said, "I feel like a part of me that was missing is there now.. I'm who I want to be... hahahahaha Preach my Gospel quote!!!!! Soooo sweet.

Not a bad week..........

I hope natalie got her candy bar, and mom your letters. I actually am going to write you a real letter today, last weeks letter was lame. Dad I am grateful for what you sharred from your personal studay, I am going home to study more about!! And thank you for sending that stuff... Mom.... Don't forget to write again or bad things will happen!!!! jk probably got lost in cyberspace.. I'll ask Vanhin Weaver about it haha.

love,

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment