Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011

We got a compilation of letters today so here they are all combined.

Things are going really good here! My second day here I was made a District Leader, and I have been trying really hard to fulfill that calling and do good in my classes. We have about 14 hours of class a day and it drives me insane! I am jumping up and down in my chair by the time the day is over. I love the work here, it's crazy intense. I am really starting to get a sense of how the spirit works in my life. It's a miracle to walk out of a lesson from an investigator, and realize you taught with power and authority.
It was hard adjusting the first week, but now I'm doing great! Always write me and always remember to keep the Lord in your decisions about whatever you decide to do. He always takes care of His Saints.
I forgot to tell you, one of my leaders from the branch presidency is going to call you to come see you. He is a hero to me here.

Thank you so much for the letters... they mean so much to me. Things have been going good here. I feel a lot better about the MTC this week. I had an awesome experience the other day. One of the elders in my district was having a problem so he came up to me and said, "Elder Perry, can I talk to you?" Of course I said yes. We went on a walk to the dorms and he told me about a problem he was having with his companion's teaching. I decided that we should say a prayer before we really discussed it. We did so. After the prayer it was like I knew exactly what to say to this elder to help him. I was so grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He went back and fixed things with his comp, and they went and had an awesome lesson with an investigator!!
Another experience I had was while teaching. Elder Orr and I went to teach this lady, and we did horrible!! We went out of the classroom, and organized ourselves a bit, and I read a quote from Preach My Gospel saying, pray that the Lord will loose your tongue, so that you can teach his children or something like that. We did so, and we went back and taught with power and authority!! I know the spirit is with those that recognize the need for Him. It's the spirit that brings truth into the hearts of God's children, not Elder Perry. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost's companionship.
I love you guys so much, and I want you to know that I'm taken care of here. The Lord is with his missionaries, all the time.
Love you so much,
Vanhin Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment