Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, October 17, 2011

October 3, 2011

HEEELLOOOO Family.

Well, first of all, dad with the package on tuesday I believe... very nice move! That BYU poster is proudly on my desk where it should be. They beat the AGGIES!!!!!??? That is hienoa!!! I can't believe they decided to take off their skirts and end this tea party!!! Movin up to the big kids table hahaha. Anyways, trying to think of what to talk about... sooo many options, let's see... we've got Kuopio road trip to Oulu, Oulu contacting, Oulu zone conference, Elder Manwaring and I playing guitar (Oh babylon, Oh babylon we bid thee farewell!!!!!!) That was a joke because we started playing wordly songs, which is funny with the babylon referrance because the ancient Israelites were commanded to leave the city of babylon because the wickedness of the city, resulting in the... hahahaha jk not sure if any of that is even true... Kuitenkin....

We had a lot of fun in Oulu! I don't know what it is but I love that city!!! Elder Manwaring and I always have so much fun haha. He is soooo good at the language, His congegations are really progressing, and we did very well when we went contacting. We always laugh so hard, and everything is hilarious. Experience number one: We were out and He was telling me about Kaajani, and the work there, and we decided to contact this one last guy before we got back to the chapel. We talked to him about the plan of salvation, and how we have a purpose in this life. We talked about how God loves all of his children, and the guy was soooo cool!! We got his phone number, and Elder Manwaring invited him to general conference the next day!! didn't say he would come... however, we did get his number, and Oulu should have a really good investigator soon. It was so cool to see the Lord to work through us to bless this man's life.

The next thing happened the following morning. Once again with Vanhin Manwaring and I after morning work out, I realized that I didn't have any breakfast!!!!! It was about 7:30 in the morning. I convinced him to come with me to buy some food. We ran into the city, and looked at the store door... locked......DAANGGIT!!! No food, until we get to Kuopio at 1400!!! So we start walking back, and we see this guy (Drunk) trying to fix his bike. Elder Manwaring said, we should go help him. I agreed, and so we went over there and Elder Manwaring fixed his bike, and we taught him a little bit. He gave us his phone number, and he told us about how much he needed to get his life back in order. His girlfriend dumped him, and he said he is crushed. We testified of the plan of salvation, and how through God, we can find peace, or something like that... Sweeeet!!!

I have come to see the importance of the spirit in this work, and how diverse the spirit works to lead us to individuals who are ready. I still didn't get food.... but Heavenly Father led us to one of his children who needed help. I know that it doesn't matter whether everything is good in life, or whether everything is going bad... we need our Father in Heaven. I love the quote Elder Packer said. He said something along the lines of,"compared to god, man in nothing... but to god man is everything." His purpose is to help us to be eternally happy. I have realized how grateful I am that I can be with my family forever!!! Because God loves me, he is going to help me return to him. I know that God is a God of order, and things must be done his way. However, when I marry my wife in the temple, I will be sealed for all eternity to her and my children. I am already sealed to you and dad, and life is soo great!! Everything makes so much sense. God loves us, so he gives us these different commandments to keep us free and happy. Leeeegit.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time today, we just barely got back into town, and I need to go shopping and clean my apartment. However I want you to know that I do love Elder Weaver. Even though we are completely different people, he is a great missionary, and a cool Elder. Sometimes I think He is kind of strange when He talks about his computer catalogs, but I'm sure he thinks I'm strange when I lay out the pictures of Jet's you sent Me!!! Big thanks to dad!!!

It sounds like things are very much so coming along at the house! That is so great. That downstairs hallway needed the reconstruction. I am excited to see it someday ahah. Maybe you can send me pictures of it. I'll send my memory card home, so you can post pictures of myself, particularly my chizzled abs and stunning features hahaha. Elder Weaver and mines key phrase is (So noone kidnapps us) Hey kid, you want some candy?? Tell Alexya and she'll know haha.

love to be, be to love

Vanhin William Neldon Perry III

No comments:

Post a Comment