Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, January 23, 2012

January 16, 2011

Well Hello There,

It's been another supper busy week. President Rawlings has really been pushing us to teach 15 discussions per week every week. We did it!! We have been doing this thing called invitation to prayer. It'swhere we, at the end of our lesson, invite everyone- investigators,members, etc. to say a little prayer to themselves, and ask Heavenly Father who they know who we can pray for. Then one of their commitments is to pray for Heavenly Father to inspire them how they can help that particular person. We promise that we will do the same. We had some very cool experiences this week, and last week from following that counsel.

One in particular that I'll share was a sister in our ward who lives pretty far away. She is the only member in her family, and she loves her family so much. We did Invitation to prayer with her a couple weeks back. I didn't have a very strong testimony of it yet. However I really decided that if I want one, then I have to do my part. So we did it, and when we were at home I decided that I should pray. Elder
Larsen was in the bedroom praying, and I was in the living room. I knelt and just kind of did it. I prayed and asked for help to know what we could do to help that amazing sister. As I prayed and listened, I heard something tell me Family History work. haha.

It's something I would never think of so it must have been real haha. Last night, we followed up, and told her. She said, He's not interested at all in that haha. Later on, I knew that prompting was from my Heavenly Father, and I promised her that it was. She was accepting of it, however was still a little concerned. As we were about to leave, I felt like I should ask her if she ever needed a priesthood blessing or anything, to call us, and we would come down. She said, I'll take one right now haha. She asked me to give her the blessing, and while we gave her the blessing I felt just a tiny fragment of how much Heavenly Father loves her. It was really special.

I am so grateful for Heavenly Fathers love. He's pushed me pretty hard this change haha. However I have had an awesome companion, and awesome support from you guys, and I definately have learned a lot. I have learned how important this work is. I've learned how special the gospel is. I remember last night also, during a teach. My companion gave a promise to one of our investigators in the Lords name by the
spirit. I knew that what he was saying was true. I can't describe how special those little moments are.

So today is p day, and I gave myself a hair cut. It looks super great!! From the front... haha with the plain shaver I accidently shaved a little too short in the back. Kind of awkward. But what ever. Maybe one day, I wont look like monkey swinging from a tree. Speaking of monkeys. Dad, I drop your monkey from the top of the staircase down 5 flights of stairs haha. Every P day. I love it. We actually did it on splits as well. I just don't want to be known as "that guy with the monkey." Oh elder perry,... oh he was the one with the monkey... that would be awkward explaining to my children someday. By someday, I mean... well... this is kind of awkward... uh, last week... uh...

Anyways, dumb will, always making jokes... haha I'm hilarious!! So the members are doing better, and aren't taking my lunch money anymore. Sometimes they make me sit in the corner at church facing the wall with a dunce hat, but I've gotten used to it.
No I kid wit you. haha Everything is going well, and The Lord has softened their hearts.

I love you both so much.

Elder Perunä

No comments:

Post a Comment