Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2011

So one word............. FREEZZZZING!!!

I thought I would pass through this winter without the Finnish winter... Gosh! It has been like -30 outside haha. I learned to like my winter hat! I love it so much however, it is so much better than working in the heat. The sweat dripping down your back, and stuff.... The cold is fine. It motivates us to get inside someones house to teach them haha.

Anyways, I had a lot of life changing moments this week. For one I changed my toothpaste. Second, I decided to adjust my work out system (by actually doing it). Thirdly, I'm just writing things to try and be funny... Fourth, this is getting annoying. haha, but it's called running inside. It is too cold to go running
outside, and so I decided to run inside haha. I did it, and have been doing it everyday. It totally rocks my day!! On splits I got everyone doing it, and they loved it! My district leader called and says he does it every morning now. It rocks the day! I love how this is my news to you haha....................

I remember last week I talked about how I want to be better about contacting everyone! Haha literally. We had a very good experience after District Meeting. We went to go get pizza, and as I was ordering my pizza, I decided to contact an investigator. She listened, but after a second... said, well... maybe if I have time.... Next. haha AKWARD!! but whatever, I tried. But no! This is not the end. She came out to us afterwards, and started asking questions about our church and stuff. Elder Larsen and I are going back this week to "eat pizza." So cool!

We have really been trying just to go crazy. Elder Hunziker sent me a couple talks that really got me going crazy! I learned something about faith. Faith is power, when the mind convinces itself, or has confidence in a certain principle. Which is why it's so important that we give our minds evidence that the gospel is true. Such as by reading the scriptures, recording our experiences in our journals (ewwww ;) ), and learning about other people's experiences. Once we do this over a constistant period, our faith grows, and becomes absolute. I have really been trying to give evidence to my mind that we are called to baptize in this mission. And bring people unto Christ. As I have done that, things have sky rocketed!

Everywhere we have gone, we have talked to people, or at least tried to. It has been so great to see the blessings of the Lord as we have done this. Last night we went to try a less active man who lives in our area about an hour away. We show up, and look on the name list for the building. It looked like he moved. We felt we should tract however. We went up, and started knocking doors. We tracted into this man who's baby was crying in the background. We talked to him about eternal families, and asked when would be a good time to come back. He said he wasn't too interested, however that's when we decided to testify. I felt the spirit confirm that this message is so true to him. He said we could try back some other time, and he
accepted a book of mormon. Soo cool!

Our investigator is doing so great. She came to church yesterday for the first
time, and the ward was so happy about it! Our investigator liked it a lot. However she is not a morning person. haha. She is a very special daughter of Heavenly Father, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have had to work with her.

I can't even really believe it's almost my birthday soon. I'll be 20! Gosh!!! about time to pull out the IRA account haha. I'll no longer be a teenager. Well at least legally... haha. Just think next year I can buy alcohol!!!! Well actually I can legally buy it here... but anyways... jokes... Please mom, don't wonder where you went wrong. ;)

Yeah I can't really think of anything that I would want haha. Maybe you could send me some pictures of everything. Like Dads basement, and everyone haha. That would be cool. I love getting pictures. I look at the ones from Grandma Mckinny's funeral often. That would have been a fun party... uh... gosh... except no because it was a funeral.

Thank you for everything! I love you, and pray for you.

Elder Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment