Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

Yo Ihmisiä Amerikassa!

Hello Äiti, ja Isä

HAha Mother, I am going to the eye doctor in a week. The doctor in Germany gave me a call and said I should just go ahead and go. I have been wearing one contact in one eye, and leaving the other one out. Not sure why that eye is giving me a problem, but I think it is the contacts for my right eye. When I don't wear it in my right eye, I feel fine. Winter coat, I have a winter coat already, haha everything is hyvin suomessa.

Ya andrew came in a few weeks ago! He was sitting next to my District leader on the train up north when I called, and I got to talk to him for a minute. He is in a city called Kaajani, which is north west of me a little ways. He is not in my district but in my zone!! I am so excited to see him at zone conference in a couple weeks!
I am sorry to hear about grandma mckinney, It is very sad, but everything will be okay. There is a plan, and everything is part of it.

I got that package from sisar Luik!! Thank you so much for the taco stuff, and the pen, and the tortillas!!! keep them comming!! oh if you only knew how much I love them!!! I have not recieved the other package yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it will come today!

Things have been good this week. President Rawlings came to Joensuu thursday for His fireside. Scrub, scrub, vacuum...door bell rings..." AHHHH!!!VANHIN WEAVER PICK UP YOUR UNDERWEAR!!" Just kidding... we keep a pretty clean apartment, but the mission president has not visited Joensuu for years!! We met with him for a minute, and we went to a teach. After the teach I walked out, and half the ward came! It was sweet, we also found new investigators at the fireside. President Rawlings knows how to talk with people that's for sure. He said that He is very happy with the work we're doing here, and to keep going! I was so happy to meet with him. He is so funny.

So mom you may want to sit down for this one haha... I have to come home... psych... but seriously sit down. So Vanhin Weaver and I were riding our bikes home from an area... and I love going down fast down hills!! I love the jumps, hills, anything reckless haha... anyways, we are riding and I felt a feeling saying I should slow down... I brushed it off, and kept going right through the intersection where... I GOT HIT BY A CAR!!! hahahahah it was so dang funny. I was riding... He was driving, and he slammed on his brakes, and so did I... BBOOMMM!! I got knocked off my bike, and landed on my backpack... convenient haha. Kaikki on Hyvin.. no broken bones, no injuries. My leg was sore for awhile, and I was a little shaken up. When I was on the ground, Vanhin Weaver told me, "Hey You just got hit by a car!!"... "Thanks bro!!" haha So now I slow down through cross- walks... But what is so funny is I was so excited to say that I got hit by a car. While I was getting hit, I was thinking," I'm getting hit by a car!!! haha what the deuce.. weirdo...)

This week I had my first opportunity to be senior companion. Elder Wessman and I went on splits (He was in Andrews mtc group) and everything was so legit!! We went contacting, and stuff, and I understood a lot of the finnish that was spoken. My language is really coming a long. Sometimes things don't come out super pretty, but I understand a lot, and can communicate pretty well. The gift of tongues is so real. I can't deny that. As we are simply willing to put in the effort, and do our part in the Lord's work, the Lord will take care of the rest to make sure we're successful. We talked to this one guy about the Book of Mormon, He said," Look maybe I should have God in my life, but right now I'm just not interested. Maybe someday I will die, and He will say to me, You should have read that Book, and I'll feel bad... or something like that." I started laughing so hard! Elder Wessman didn't get it, but that's okay. It is so much fun talking to people, and trying new things in finnish. I could push myself more to use different grammar principles.

I can't believe I'm in my third change... I love it.. I really am so happy.. and I can't explain it other than, Paljon Hauska tällä Joensuussa! Elder Weaver and I are still getting use to each other, but things are going really good. We are having a lot of fun, and seeing a lot of miracles every day. Sometimes I miss home, and some aspects of my old life there, but I realize that this is where I belong, and everything is all part of the plan. "All things work together for good, to them who are called of God according to his purposes (Romans 8).

I gave my first talk in Sacrament Meeting kaikki Suomeksi!!!! I didn't use one line in English! Except for a coupld words....... Also I only had a few quotes, and three vocab words written down!! I tried to do it all by my heart. I didn't bring my bible with english tabs in it, so when I went to start my talk and grabbed the churches' copy, I realized it was in Finnish!! I said, "Yksi Minuitia, and turned around to have the bishop help me find Romans in the New Testament. It was so sweet. I realized during the talk how much I love Joensuu, especially the members. They are literally my family here in Finland. I will always remember this city, and I hope I can stay here for a long time. Some elders have been able to stay here for like 8 months, I hope that is me. I don't want to leave here!!

Papa, haha Hair cuts here are like 20 Euro's... so unbelievably expensive... so I just have to make due with the clippers, and ask the mom's in our ward if my haircut looks okay!! They are all so nice, and so far I've been good! Sounds like fun with the ATVs, and you got me a poster with autographs from the BYU Football players!!!! LEgiiiit.... I will be waiting for that anxiously by the door!!

I love you all, I want to give you my testimony... That I know the Work is true, the Book is blue, and Yesss.... God is a mormon,
love :n Kanssa... eiku... Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment