Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Isä ja Äiti

This week has been a crazy week haha. Officially next week, I am no longer a greenie! But I don't think I hit my six- month mark until next month. We picked our mini- missionary up last tuesday, and dropped him off at the train station today, and wow..... crazy!! He was a good boy. Hard worker. It was so funny, because this has been a crazy hard working week. Poor guy. One day we had to go on a huge bike ride to visit a member. When we got home, we had to finish some study sessions. I walked into the room after awhile and found him asleep on the bed!! haha. It made me realize that I am so proud of our work. Elder Nielsen and I work hardd... with two d's. I remember veli Jäkkö said,"I am so tired!" haha I said,"Welcome to the life as a missionary!" It is so funny, because you wake up at 6:30am exhausted, go work out and stuff... go through the whole day exhausted haha......... then finally collapse in bed... dead + exhausted. Then start the whole thing the next day! :) I love it! Never been so happy.

President Ralings called me on Saturday and told me who my new companion is............. d.....r....u.....m....r......o...l.........l.........Vanhin Weaver!! He is so funny. He has been in my zone, and I have met him at zone conferences and stuff. He is such a good guy. But has only been in the mission like three changes more than me...... Language skills... hahahaha this is going to be crazy! Both of us are going to see some amazing gift of tongues action. I prayed that Heavenly Father would give me a testimony of my new companion, and I know that him and I are going to do great things. President Ralings also gave me the assignment to organize a fireside here, at the end of the month because He is coming to Joensuu...... but don't worry i'm not stressed.................................

I was actually really nervous to get my new companion before change call. Elder Nielsen has been an amazing companion who has really taught me how to be a missionary. I am so grateful for Him. He is one of my best friends now, and I'm going to miss him. I don't know if I told you this, but when I came to Finland I prayed that my companion would a good one, who would teach me everything I needed to know. When I had my entrance interview with President Brown, He gave me a blessing, and told me that my companion would become one of my best friends, or good friends or something like that. I want you to know that everything is going good. I am really gonna miss him.

That is so cool that you are finishing up the down stairs, and I know that when we set goals things happen. I'm sorry, but I have to go soon, Vanhin Nielsen has a lot to do before He leaves. We are going up to Kuopio tonight, and He leaves to helsinki on Wednesday, and I come back here with my new comp. Things will be good, and Looking forward to an awesome change!

love you,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment