Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, October 31, 2011

October 24, 2011

THis week has been a very good week. It has been a very hard week, but I have learned so much from it. We only had 1 member teach, and 4 other teaches. It was kind of rough. However I have felt the Lords loving help as I have simply tried to put my heart into the work.

Mom, I remember one day that was really hard, however I decided not to get frustrated. I felt like I should grab the letter that you wrote to me on my Birthday the night before I entered the MTC. I was so grateful for your words, and the things you told me to do. I took it to heart, and really tried to do my best in those difficult situations. The Lord has really been shaping us, and helping us to be better missionaries. I have really been trying to listen to His voice. As I have tried, I have been able to recieve the inspiration that I've needed. I know that He communicates with His Missionaries. I can't describe the reality of the counsel, and comfort given. You can't make up these feelings, and words. I know it's true.

To follow up with last week, H and T (I'm not sure what the rule is on sharring names) are doing so great! We met with them yesterday, and things are so well. We had planned to teach the Plan of Salvation, however the Spirit led us to different topics. On an off note. Dad I remember you telling me the story about how you helped a less active family return to the church and eventually going through the temple. I have really been hoping for an opportunity to help a specific family go to the temlpe. Anyways this was it! That is H and T's goal. They want ot be sealed for eternity. We helped them realize their potential. They felt like they weren't worthy to come back. The Spirit testified to them that this wasn't true. We felt the Lord speak through us to them. The Lord is so proud of them, and what they are doing in their lives!! They are so special. I love them so much.

The Lord taught me a very important lesson this week. "Whom the Lord loveth, He chaseneth." I have felt the importance of accepting the Lords correction, and taking it to heart. I was studying last night right before my nightly prayers, and I came across a really good scripture in the Book of Proverbs it's chapter 9. It says, "Rebuke a wise man, and He will love thee." I found this scripture right after I had recieved personal counsel for what I need to be doing better. I really have learned the importance of seeking correction, and doing it with charity. Sometimes the Lord corrects us through another (companion, friend, leader... etc). It is so important to just keep a good attitude about it. I have noticed that when I recieve correction, and I laugh about it, and just try and do better, it is so much easier to take.

I have been loving life here. I have really found the joy that comes from choosing faith. Although some things are uncertain about the future, I do know that we can be happy in any situation. Today for language study Vanhin Weaver and i played finnish Monopoly in Finnish haha. "It's four in the morning grandma...... you win!!!!!! (I didn't stay up late.. just a quote, joke..........) It was super hard!! Right about the time I was winning, He came back and destroyed me! I got mad at him in Finnish haha.

I have a few questions, mom.. Why didn't you email!?? Second, Where is Jace Larson going on His mission? Third is more of a statement... Don't send packages until I give you the clear. Change call day is in like a week and a half. I will find out if I recieve one this saturday. I have been in Joensuu for 4 changes or 5.5 months. Jumpi Kumpi, not sure if I'll leave or stay. I want to stay because I love the people in this city so much. Their are so many people I will stay in touch with here for well.... eternity haha. I do want knew experiences and stuff however. Well we'll see.

Rakkaudella

The blue elephant on star wars who is playing the piano in Jabbas palace (eli Vanhin Perry).

No comments:

Post a Comment