Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Haha I have been reading emails for the last twenty minutes or so haha.
I have had the funniest week, and have recieved some new assignments!!!!!! First of all, change calls.................. where could it be?????????................ Tampere,......... Oulu,............. Helsinki.................................... Training......................... sitting with President in an interview.................. and he says...................(drum roll)................. .................... Joensuu. HAHAA I guess the Lord likes the work I'm doing here. My new companion's name is Elder Rogers. He came with Elder Manwaring in his group. I'm pretty nervous because my finnish is okay, but not fluent haha. Well..... Life goes on. Whenever I'm on the phone and someone says something I don't understand, I just kind of laugh, and say, sorry I don't understand you haha. Hilarious!!!!

However First things first....... today Vanhin Weaver and I were playing Finnish Monopoly (We do it for language study on P-day). I won!!!! (Beware of Pride boy). I was getting so mad, and in Finnish I said, "You can't make up rules!!!" haha It was getting so intense. Elder Weaver and I really almost skipped email today. I was getting ready to throw him off our balcony!!! (insert throat clearing sound) uh.. hmm.. it was pretty cool. On to the gospel..... I was reading in the Book of Isaiah when I came across a very interesting passage talking about the how the children of Israel will return to the mother land in the latter.............................................Dad wake up and keep reading!!!!! That was a J.K.

Anyways, Things with H and T are still going very good. I drew out a baptismal calender for her, and she is so excited to be baptized on the 3rd of Dec. I had a very cool experience with them. We taught them the plan of salvation, and we got to the three kingdoms. We paused and asked them, what would it mean to them if they could be together for all eternity. They stopped talking. T the husband looked his wife in the eyes, and she looked back at him. They looked back at us, and with the most love and compasion I have ever seen they said humbly, "That is what we would really like." It touched my heart. I gained a new perspective on family relationships and what they should be. I am so grateful for the gospel!! I walked out of that teach feeling like I was standing on top of the world!

I really am so excited that I get to stay in Joensuu. I was kind of looking forward to new experiences in a different city, but I know that's not the Lords will right now. I know that there is a lot of work to do here. As I think about it, it causes me to want to shrink haha. But I just keep going forward, trying to do my best.

Are you all ready for W.D.D.T.W. (William's Dumb Doing This Week). Actually there's two, and they have to do with the mission president!! We were sitting in a meeting, and Sister Rawlings was explaining something with words I didn't understand haha. I asked what does this mean?? She replied using another word I didn't understand haha. That's when I sat back in my chair, and was like Oh.. of course that's what it means!!! Looking side to side, and pulling the collar of my shirt. Wow it's hot in here!! Second WDDTW. We picked President and Sister Rawlings up from there hotel in Kuopio, and went to the church for District Conference. President got out of the car, and it looked like he forgot his bag. I grabbed it (with him watching) and followed him inside. I asked, President, where would you like this? He turned around, and with his loving voice said, "IN THE CAR!!"

Nice Elder Perry. hahahah .... next assignment. Elder Perry we have a nice assignment for you in the mission office... sorting mail.... where you wont have to be confused, and no one will get hurt. Actually... maybe the mail is a little big......... you can be in charge of getting juice for the mission president.
Daddy!! I don't want to be juice boy!!

Everything sounds like it's going very good! I got your package mom, and I hung the halloween skeleton over our front door. His legs are kind of spred out between our mail slot, which makes it kind of awkward for posti mies to give us our mail haha. I actually haven't recieved any letters the past few days................ hmm..................
But thank you so much for everything. It made my morning when I got it during comp study.

It sounds like you and Mike, are really busy remodeling the house! It's like TLC on steroids! way to go for you. I am excited to see it someday. I can't believe this change is over almost. I'm going into my fifth change! I will be going down to Helsinki next month for my sixth month kieli koulu (language school). That is about when you start to be old in the mission. I am really excited for Elder Rogers, He sounds like a stud. President said that he lived in russia for a year, so his special assignment is to study a little bit of russian each day, which means I get extra language study too!! We are going to do great things. President told us specifics for Joensuu, which I wont talk about. It can be done, and it will be done. STOOcked!!!
As far as sister Turunen mommy. If you can find them in finnish then send them in finnish, but english is fine as well. Just send them candy, and whatever you think is necessary for Sister Turunen. They are so great. I love them so much. I talk to them all the time, and they are so sweet. I will get their address to you in the mail today when I write natalie back.

I love you all so much! Rauha.

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment