Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Friday, December 16, 2011

December 12, 2011

HEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So the big news on change calls... am I leaving?? am I staying!!!???? uh... Elder Perry you will be... leaving. Heart.. crushed to the floor... nails. piercing... haha. President Rawlings called us on a random day haha. I answered and pronouced my name in finnish. He said haha who is that? I said well... uh... I think he's good looking haha! oh... hmmm.. excuse me President!!!

I will be leaving to Kouvola early tomorrow morning. My new companions name is Elder Larsen! I will be in my first car city!! During the winter!! He was in my group at the MTC!! I'm not sure how inspired this was.. but the Lord has blessed me with very good companions!!

However this change call was bitter-sweet for sure. I really love working with Elder Rogers, and in Joensuu. I have really come to love this city more than any other place on earth. I love the people here, and especially the members. They let me bare my testimony in Sacrament Meeting, and as I got up to the pulpit, I looked around at each individual, and my heart was so full. I couldn't speak. Never have I felt so much love in my heart towards a group of people. (Except to you mommy) haha dad ya know I had to throw that one in. Anyways haha, I looked at them, and I said with every capacity in me, I love you, each of you. Yesterday was a very hard day saying goodbye to the members for me.

So as far as moving to Kouvola, I'm not sure what Elder Larson has set up as far as using members computers. However President did say you could call skype to my phone there. I'm going to see if President will give me a little extra time, because my parents are divorced. So I will get a little more time I believe, I hope. If not, lame. Just kidding. I'm so excited to talk to you all!! You will probably be impressed that my voice as gotten a lot lower. Probably due to the fact that I lift weights here like a tonka truck! but I don't want to toot my horn. Just kidding........ same old will.... same high voice... actually there are times that I wonder if girls here have lower voices than me!! I wonder that.. because it's true!! A little awkward... Hi, we know that God has a plan for us on earth today... I DON'T BELIEVE THAT... UH.. DEEP... GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY!! (Insert deep finnish girl voice haha.) I'm going to throw in a hint... I'm not sure if this is okay or not, but you might try calling that number after this wednesday but before next monday (my time) for like two minutes to make sure it works, if it doesn't then I can figure things out. I promise I'm trying to be obediant! I feel kind of bad for saying that, but I don't want there to be any problems the day of.

So cool experiences haha. We had District Meeting last week, and the zone leaders came down! We had a very cool district meeting about keeping things fresh. Making sure that we're always having fun, and just a good experience in missionary work. It really pumped me up for coming back to Joensuu. We came home, and had about an hour left of work outside. We said a prayer, Heavenly Father, please help us to find those that are being prepared. Simple, and short, and out. We were on the street, and as we were waiting at a stoplight, We felt we should go a different direction. As we did so, we passed by a pizza shop, and I saw a potential who gave us a wrong address!! I said, Elder Rogers that's him haha!! We walked back and forth trying to see if it was haha. We came up with the conclusion that we had to eat pizza at that shop!!

We went in, and orderd, and I turned around and said (acting suprised), "Oh haha, well, hey how's it going??" haha nice acting elder perry! we met with him, but he was drunk... which puts a damper on things. We set a time to meet, and after 100 times of reminding him I asked so what time are we meeting? (the scheduled time was klo 14:00) He said, uh... no. tomorrow uhh... 14..... years..... haha I said Yeeeppp haha. However it was cool to see Heavenly Father put us in a place where someone needed the gospel. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and everything.

WOOOW I'm leaving Joensuu! I've been here for almost 7 months. Anyways, I got Grandma's package, and thank you so much! I wore the hat our whole weekly planning session! But I put it back in the package until Christmas when I can open it. I haven't heard from grandma in so long! What is so interesting is that morning I said a little prayer. I said Heavenly Father, If it's possible, can I get a letter from my grandma? I came home that night, and there was her package!! Even Better!!! I miss her, and grandma perry a lot. I am going to send them both a little suprise that I think they'll like.

Dad I'm going down south to that zone, so I would imagine that it will be easier to get. Good call on sending it to the mission office! Thank you so much for everything that you do for me. I love you both so much. I am so grateful to be here serving. Sometimes it's hard, but ya know, what else isn't? I love this country, I love this people, and I love this language (well sometimes). I am grateful for all the opportunities and blessings the Lord has given me here in Joensuu.

Thank you mom, for doing all that stuff for the T Family. They are so special to me, and I know they will appreciate it. I saw the daughter wearing her CTR ring at church yesterday haha. They love them. Thank you so much.

Rakkaudella,

Vanhin Perry

Hyvää Joulua!!

No comments:

Post a Comment