Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Friday, December 16, 2011

December 5, 2011

Morro Joensuusta!

Mom I got your package this week. We got home from Kuopio on friday, and I had a slip (in finnish) that said I could go pick up my package at the posti toimisto. Towards the end of the night, I went and the lady said, uh.... look at the date.......... your package will be here tomorrow. Lame!! but I got it, and thank you for the tie. I love it! Have you gotten your package yet?? I sent you a package for your birthday two weeks before yesterday! (Happy Birthday!!) But I guess you didn't get it yet. It has a finnish... hahaha you have to wait. No niin. But thank you for all the stuff, and i'll give those things to the T Family.

President Rawlings said we can use skype on Christmas if we can find a member to let us. I'm in the process of doing that. The problem is we get change calls on Saturday, and I have no idea if i'll be here in Joensuu. I am assuming I will, but then again I've been here for five changes. I don't want to leave. I love everything the way it is. However I'll go wherever I need to go. As far as things to go in my package dad, I would really like some more cool- aid. The red kind is my favorite... so if you could hook me up with that.

Things have been kind of rough this last little while. Two weeks before H's baptism, her husband had to go to the hospital. We haven't had any contact with them since, however he is suppose to come home on the 8th of this month, so katsoton. It makes me a little frustrated, but I try not to let those things get to me. Sometimes when I start to get discouraged, I think about funny things that happened back in the day. I remember one time doing an extra credit project for my health class in junior high. Dad walked into the room, as I was drawing my poster of the male reproductive system, and sat on the couch, and said, "I hope you don't hang that up on your wall!!" Haha pretty funny. I am so happy here! I love being here, with elder rogers in joensuu. We make literally everything fun. But sometimes there are those days that just go wrong haha.

I was pretty discouraged Saturday night, and I could feel myself getting to myself (is that a statement?) Anyways, Heavenly Father is so amazing. I read from my new conference edition ensign (5 points to mom) a scripture from a talk. It states: "Believe in God, believe that he is, and that he has all power and wisdom in earth and is heaven. Believe that man doth not comprehend, all things that the Lord comprehendeth (Mosiah 4:9). It's along those words... I realized the importance of just believing and having fun, and not stressing. I have a strong testimony that the Lord can do His own work, we just have to get out of the way, and be instruments.

I can't even describe to you how many hilarious moments I've had this week. I think last night had to top it! We were coming home to do numbers, and we were getting our in betweeners on the way home. I stopped this one girl, haha and I said something along the lines (as I was testifying) Sinä olet Jumalan tytär(you are gods daughter)... wrong... I really said, sinulla on Jumalan tytär(You have god's daughter, or maybe even you are pregnant with gods daughter) AHHHHHHHHHH LANGUAGE HIT TO THE FACE!! She was like uh.. no.. in this scared face, and I gave her our card, and didn't realize what i said, until a few seconds later!! Creepy! hahaha all I could think about after that was YOUR A WIZARD HARRY! Elder Rogers and I laughed it up for the rest of the night. DUUnnccEE!

The T Family are so cool of course. Sister T took Elder Rogers and I to lunch, at this Greek place. I told her the story about when all of us went to the greek festival, with lex and the kids, and Natalie was asking the priest all those probing questions trying to overthrow his dominion haha. (If I join this church, can I recieve this power, or so called priesthood?? ) haha just kidding nat, we love ya. But anyways it was really good. We talked about their situation a little bit. Elder Rogers and I have been praying that The kids dad will soften his heart and let them be baptized. Obviously they have as well, and the Dad is really starting to allow them to come to church. It has been so great.

I love you both so much. I cannot wait to talk to you! Rememer you can get skype, or international calling which will be cheaper. I can't wait to hear your voices, and stuff.

love you all,

Willie

P.s. I really like this quote. Excuses are nothing, but a sign of weakend faith. Whenever I feel like I want to take a short cut, I remember this, and it strengethens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment