Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Friday, December 16, 2011

November 21, 2011

IT IS SNOWING LIKE CRAZY HERE!!

I was sitting in compi study, and I looked out the window.... my jaw dropped, and I said, Oh no...... this is an unfortunate change of circumstances haha. Anyways, It is pretty cold haha. But if I say that too a Finn, they look at me with a prideful smile, and say, "oh... not yet haha" I guess the really bad stuff hit's around January, February. Curse those months!! We were riding over here to the library, and the snow was hitting me in the face so bad I couldn't see!! I look so dorkey with my helmet and winter hattuni (hat). It is pretty hilarious though!!

Elder Rogers and I were coming down the elevator with our helmets on haha, and these two really gorgess girls were getting in the elevator as we were coming out... duh... I wear helmet... Hi...uh...cya... hahaha so great!! There are so many ridiculous moments as a missionary where you just think.. what in the world!? But that's kind of the story of my life haha. Anyway's so where do I start??

We had our weekly cordination meeting with our veli järvinen, and I was served a piece of some humble pie!! Mmm.. my favorite. We were talking in finnish, to him (stickler) uh.. hmmm. excuse me... and towards the end of the meeting I asked, "How is my Finnish?" haha, and he gave me the... well... you have a very good vocabulary, but your grammer is horrible! uh... crush... I called sister T later that night for esome reason, and I asked her haha She said, I'm doing fine. THanks... Sister T.
I have been trying to push myself with studying the grammer, but holy timothy! It is crazy. However the Lord has really blessed me. I am doing very good. I love finnish, and I very much hope I can master it. I really want to communicate with people the way they speak, not just understandably. I can already do that now. However I want to speak like they speak.

T and H are doing very good. They didn't come to church on sunday, which means she can't be baptized on the scheduled day. So it's okay we just have to move it back a week. She is completely off tobacco, and coffee, and has commited to pay tithing. She is so elect. I am so grateful for her as an investigator.

Sorry I got kicked off the computer, so I don't have very much time. I guess there is a scheduled course today our something here. Anyways, they reimbursted me for my eye doctors appointment. They payed me back in my account here. So I will just pull the money off the account. President also asked us to keep like 200 Euro's for emergancies at home. So i'm working on doing that.

Anyways, thank you for telling me about Grandma's Mckinney's funeral. I touched my heart to think that she talked about me. It brakes my heart to think I didn't take the time to go see her when I was down there to go through the temple. However I'm glad that she has moved on. All things will work together for good to them that love God. I have a very strong testimony of that. However hopefully one day, I wish to ask for her forgivness.

Please tell grandma huntley how much I love her, and think about her. I wish I could be there to help.

I've learned a few things out here. One thing I've learned is that if your too stressed out, that means your relying on yourself too much. Always remember, He can carry our load.

Love,
Will
P.s. If you could throw some money on my card that would be great. I need to buy some winter things.. I guess now.. haha. Kiitos paljon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment