Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 1, 2012 (abt 152 days left

Sorry for the delay in posting. Enjoy everyone. ********* Well hello! So this week has been very fun! I was talking to my old comp in Kouvola, and apparently another girl we taught there is getting baptized this month! It is so amazing to see the fruits finally, after so much work! We got our change calls and Elder Pope and I are splitting up! Elder Pope is going down to Turku in the south. It has been way fun to serve with him, and we have had nothing but fun together. My new companion is coming up on Tuesday. His name is Elder Bushman, and he was in my district back in Kouvola when I first got there. He is a pretty good friend of mine, so we'll see how it goes. This morning Elder Pope asked me what change i'm in, and I couldn't remember haha. We have been working so hard, and I try not to think about coming home. But yesterday I was talking to one of the sister missionaries in our branch and she apparently is coming home in our group. She was like we go home way soon! And then it hit me........... I am getting old here.......... DANG IT! But i'm loving life here as a missionary. I really wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This next week we will be having two baptisms here in Oulu! We have been working with one guy and he is doing great! I am so excited for him. He is from Africa, and has been here for like 2 months. He is very enthusiastic about being baptized. A man from kaajani is moving into our branch, and he will be baptized this Saturday as well. I am so excited about that. All of this is happening on General conference weekend. Way cool! That sentence must have been so lame to everyone who hears it! It makes me a little home sick to see the pictures of Utah in the broadcast of GC. I always think about what you guys are doing, and stuff. I still want you to know that i haven't changed. I still sneak snacks into the session, and stuff. So we go to visit a part member family, and their daughter is learning English. I am sitting with my back towards the mom, and the daughter is sitting on my right side. Mom starts to quiz daughter on English words, namely colors. She said," what is the color for green in English?" Elder Perry answers, GREEN!...Insert awkward silence... and mom looks and says, "Oh sorry, i was quizzing my eight year old daughter!!!" one word.....DUUUUNNNNCCCCEEEE!!! Another funny story happened yesterday. We went over to a members house to eat lunch, and she is a single lady with a daughter. We of course had our member there. All of the sudden she the mom slices through her finger nail, and into the skin of her pinkie finger. She comes up to us eventually and asks elder pope, do you know how to cut off part of the finger nail that was hanging down, and Elder pope says, "UHH.. no." Really fast, and so I had to do it!! She gave me these scissors, and there is blood all over her hand! She cut herself very bad! I performed my first operation! The only thing i did was cut part of the fingernail off of the tip of her finger. Way funny! Thank you mom for sending me the thing. I have prayed about it, and thought about it, and i really feel that Obama should remain as President. It is so important that everyone get's taken care of by the government. I think it is great what's going on with the healthcare thing. ;) (This is where mom, reaches through computer screen, and chokes out her former son.) I can't wait to see your pictures and stuff! I hope they come today! I love you all, and am so excited to hear that everyone is doing well. love you, Elder Perry ps. you totally thought I was serious... haha. Mom just go get a drink, and relax!! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment