Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 8, 2012 (abt 145 days left)

I'm trying to catch up, sorry I got so behind on his posts. ******************************************************************* Well hello, This week was so awesome! The baptism went great, except... ya know I'll just tell the story. So we are sitting in the baptismal service. They annouce that the missionaries will be singing a musical number... Elder Perry is searching for his song book... can't find it... still can't find it... announces to congregation that he can't find it... goes out in the foyer and finds it!! I was sweating bullets haha. The nightmares of a missionary! However everything went well. We watched general conference here at the church with him in English, and he looked at me while that one larger guy was singing a solo, and said, hey man is that your brother! HAHA it was so hilarious! It was so great! We taught one of our investigators this week before conference and we promised him that if he watched conference with a question, it would be answered! He came and watched it, and after Sunday morning session (for you guys) he walked out! His countenance had changed, and he seemed at peace. He said that he was very touched by Elder Hollands talk. We were so excited, and it reminded me of the importance of conference. When we're growing up, we took it so much for granted!! Like for real, okay class who is the prophet today? ugggghhhhh... Thomas s. Monson... where's the doughnut's?? What happens when we die? uggghhhh we go to the spirit world....... can i leave?? HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD TRAVEL MILES TO REALLY KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS!!! I am so grateful for conference. i luuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvv it! On a more serious note it was so great to see our investigator get baptized. As i watched him go under the water I felt Heavenly Father in essence say, "Thank you so much." It was a miracle to see him change after baptism. His whole attitude change, and i could tell he felt so much peace. He said,"i feel like I carried a heavy bag, and now I don't have to carry it anymore. I feel so light inside." I know that the power of the atonement touched his heart. I know that baptism is the gate we need to enter to return to Heavenly Father's presence. It brought peace to my heart to know that at least one more of God's children are on the right path. Given I don't know what will happen to him, but I do know that God know's. We were able to take the night train down to Helsinki for zone leader counsel. It was a great meeting, and it really brought a lot of things to light in my mind. It brought to mind the importance of my motives, and why I do things. We do things such as: set baptismal goals, tract, talk to people etc... because we love our Heavenly Father, and we believe He can work through us. We gratefully submit to His will, accepting His timing, because of that love. Nothing is too hard for the Lord, and it doesn't have to be hard for us as we understand that, and see things from his perspective. I love Him. I have seen how patient He is with me, in helping me to just be happy, and love this work. I am developing a love for this work stronger than it has ever been before. I am starting to love it more than life itself. Without it, and Him, I don't know where I would be, or be doing. I have never loved people so strongly, or cared about someone so intensely as I have here in Finland for this people. I don't know how many people read my email's, maybe it is only you two, and grandma, but I want to testify to you of the Saviors power to help know He lives. I know that He lives and I love Him. I strive to listen to His voice every day. He lives, and He speaks to us. If you are going through a hard time, listen, and you will hear Him. With all the love that I posses I say thank you for everything, Elder Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment