Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 29, 2012 (abt 124 days left)

Hi family! Mom I wanted to say thank you for helping me get all of that registration started. I will type up those essays today hopefully, or by next week. I have decided not to be a procrastinator. I am thinking about majoring in mechanical engineering or physics. Perhaps I'll do a bachelors in m.e. and a minor in physics. I think that those degree's will give me a wide variety of options for graduate school. I also would like to apply to the University of Utah, and USU. I want to see what kinds of programs they have in biomedical engineering, and architectural engineering. I want to have my options open. I definately think that would be cool. However engineering and physics field is sounding good to me. I know it is going to take work and concentration buy I know I can do anything with the Lords help. If you could send me information via postage that would be great! So this week was absolutely crazy! However all in all I believe that it was a very successful week. All I can say is I truly do love the Lord. Sometimes it's easy especially as a mission leader to take everything upon your own shoulders, and to just go out and work hard. However I was reminded this week through studies and prayers that THIS IS THE LORDS WORK! He knows how to do his own work. Regardless of talents or personal abilities we need to do things His way! I can honestly say that everything fell through this week! We had at least 10 lessons fall through with investigators, members, and recent converts! However I am proud to say that I didn't get frustrated!!! I am so grateful to the Lord that he helped me to be patient. I know the importance of pressing forward when it seems like were stuck rather than giving in to the challenge. The Lord has really been softening my heart and changing me to love more, and judge less. He is helping me to see the bigger picture than just numbers. We still worked hard and we were able to pull through with 16 total lessons! We had a cool experience! Basically our whole day fell through Saturday, and we decided to just pull of on the side of the rode and say a little prayer and we felt we should go tracting. We have decided to spend our times tracting in places were we know we can find future stable leaders, and families. We felt like we should go to one house. We knocked on the door, and we talked with this man about the Book of Mormon, he wasn't interested. Then Elder Bushman started talking with him about his religion, he invited us in (it was pretty cold outside). We stood in his doorway and listened to him, and taught him for about 30 minutes about the restoration and principles of the gospel. In the end of things he ended up taking a book of mormon and we promised him that we would visit his church sometime. Which we will. I asked him if we could sit with him, and he said he doesn't really go haha!! But we will check it out for a bit or so. I really believe there is power in praising people for the truths they hold dear to them. Sometimes we are so quick to judge or to point out faults just because we have the fulness. Just because we have the fulness doesn't mean they are evil people and they should join our church or go to hell. We really just had a good week! We have really just been trying to work hard to help the members understand how committed we are to the work. We have met with several members asking them to whom we should go in the branch and out. We are setting up times when we can come and go with them to their friends who are less active, and (hopefully in the near future) non members. We are having fun, and finding, and loving these people! Even in our toughest situations we can find peace knowing that this is the Lords work. Elder Bushman in a great example to me of patience. He really helps me to not get discouraged when things don't work out. Because things always work out. I testify of the Lords power to communicate with us and tell us what we need to know in our callings. I testify about the power of the Savior to change our attitudes and desires if we just come unto Him. I testify that this is His church. This is the only church in all the world that has all of Gods authority to administer the ordinances of the gospel. Yesterday we were meeting with some members. We taught them about praying for missionary opportunities. Our recent convert jumped in and just started talking and talking and talking... analogy after analogy... finally the dad jumped in and said................"Yeah, thank you Elder's for coming, thanks for the principles you taught................... hopefully we do something.......................!" I bursted out laughing when he said that! We said a closing prayer, and I couldn't stop laughing hard in the prayer!!!! SINNNNEERRRRR! It reminds me of a quote I heard from my dad, "Son, you're not a bad person, you just do bad things." But way funny! Anyways, love you all, including you Natalie, Will

No comments:

Post a Comment