Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 22, 2012 (abt 131 days left)

Hey! So I need to start with a few logistical things first! I have been thinking about a few options to earn some money when I get home. I was wondering how long it would take to do the woodland fire fighting program? It might be a good way to get some money for the school year. I have a friend out here that made a lot of money doing it, so I thought I would at least look into it. Secondly, What is going on with the registration at BYU? When can I start everything? I promise I'm not getting trunky! I'm just trying to be prepared so I don't come home to a mess. Dad I got the slip in the mail today that I have a package! I am going to go get it right now! HAHA I read on the slip btw that there are books in there! Our mission president said we can only read the missionary library! However I'm sure there are probably some good pictures in them! Thank you so much for everything! My comp, Elder Bushman is a way good wrestler! I told him that I wrestled in 2nd grade... awkward... anyways he has been teaching me how to wrestle and stuff. I HAVE BEEN GETTING DOMINATED!!! However there is only one way to learn haha. It is a very good workout in the morning. I have so many stories but such little time! We have been mad men up here working like crazy! I feel like every one of my abilities has been challenged and tested to ultimately come out on top through Christ's atonement. I can't even describe some of the challenges we have faced. However regardless of the challenges it all goes back to some principles that the Lord has emphasized in my learning this last little while. PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE!!! I think the only thing that Perry's have in common with the word patience is the first letter in both words!!! However I have felt the Lord help me to understand it the way He does to an extent. I think the biggest thing is patience with myself, but everything has been working out. The Lord always comes out on top. We were able to hold compi exchanges with the district leader from Rovaniemi (where Santa is) thursday. It was so great to be with him. It was him and I down here in Oulu. We found this way prepared guy! We gave him the Book of Mormon and set a return appointment. He was way interested! We went back to teach him, and the Lord really softened his heart. It reminded me of always following the promptings that come. Even if it's the slightest thought to go do something, do it. I have noticed that sometimes the things that seem out of the way, or uncomfortable is the spirit telling us to put off the natural man, and go do something! I have really noticed a difference in my mission as I have just gone and tried the idea's that come. We also had an amazing lesson with our new investigator. When we arrived she was finishing cooking for her family. We asked her right away, can we help you?? I cut the potato's whilst avoiding my fingers! I think that is when there was a turning point in our relationship with our investigator. We felt more like her friend to her it seemed like. Our member played with her kids and talked to her like a friend. A few minutes later after we helped her, we talked about how we can recognize God's hand in our lives. She told us how as she has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying, she has felt like the Lord has given her more energy to accomplish the things she needs to do. She woke up one morning and just prayed that God would give her the strength to do everything she needed that day. She felt a sense of peace come over her, as if it came from someone else. It is so cool to see the principles taught go into action!! I am so grateful the Lord is softening the hearts of our investigators! We now have a baptismal date with her! At this second her boyfriend is not interested, but the Lord will get him! I thank you both for everything! I was excited to hear about the deer hunt! I am excited to get back out there! We have some serious practice to attend to with the .270. Hopefully I don't scope myself again in the face! Mommy, don't be sick anymore. If it makes you feel better mom, I am not perfect in the Finnish language haha... I am doing good, but not perfect! Keep your head up! love, Elder Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment