Elder William Perry's Mission Address

Elder William Neldon Perry
Finland Helsinki Mission

Neitsytpolku 3 A 4 FI
00140 Helsinki
Finland

Send all mail to the mission home above

email:
william.perry@myldsmail.net

Serving from
March 2011 to March 2013



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 15, 2012 ( abt 138 days left)

Hey, This week went extremely fast! We found a few different people this week, and we also had zone conference which is always crazy! I am actually very happy looking back on the results from this week. I so have a pretty funny story.. So talk about my most awkward moment ever... in zone conference... as a new zone leader... in the middle of our message... Anyways, there is a special musical number, namely, I know that my Redeemer lives. After the song we get up, and I testify of the song, and the message we are sharing (30 missionaries people including President were present). I notice the sisters in our city giggle, anyways I go to pick up my paper on my chair; look down, and my belt is undone!!!! I look over at my friend, one of the assistants, and he just laughs into his hand. DANG IT!!! I fixed myself, and went on with the message which went very well in the end of things. I told President about it, and asked WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME!!?? He honestly didn't notice haha, which is good! Right now we are really focusing on teaching families who can contribute to and strengthen the branch. We are teaching a mom, and we are trying to get her husband to join. However the mom is progressing very well, and we are very excited! Another funny story however, is in the middle of the teach we are sitting there and her one year old comes up and wants some food... from mom... no literally from mom... She asks if it bothers us if she breast feeds her child as she is pulling up her shirt... I was scarred permanently. I could not concentrate or speak Finnish haha. It was pretty weird... no blanket... nothing... just baby, mom, and innocent Elder Perry holding his picture book of the first vision far enough in front of him to block the view. It really probably wasn't that bad. Elder Bushman and I have really been trying to focus on finding. We are working towards our vision, and loving life! One of our investigators gave us a referral of one of her neighbors when we asked, do you know anyone who needs help? We went over the next day and contacted this older woman and she said we could come back and do service for her! As we did ten doors around the house, we tracted into this older woman who happened to be the mother of a member. She answered the door, and we just talked to her for a minute. The first thing she said was, "I have a grandson doing the same work your doing in Utah." We talked about him, and she said that we can come back sometime with her son to talk with her. Kind of a cool experience. As far as conjugating words in Finnish mom, it is nothing short of a miracle. I honestly could not have come this far in learning Finnish without the Lord's help. I find myself understanding new things every day that seemed impossible just a few months or weeks ago. It is cool to see Him guide the words that we speak as we seek to speak what he would say. Yesterday we came with one of our investigators to one of Presidents fireside's about the prophet Joseph Smith. As I sat down and started getting comfortable, President motioned for me to come over to him. I got up, and he told me that he wanted me to teach the first vision when he tells me to. He started and then motioned for me to stand up at the pulpit, and I went up. As I said Joseph Smiths words and paused to look out at the crowd I felt the Spirit testifying to people that it is true. Those kinds of unplanned things in front of large groups of people would have killed me awhile ago, but as we just pray that the Lord will speak through us, we notice a difference in the words that come out. My confidence in the Lord has grown exponentially, and as a result my confidence in myself has grown. Whenever I say to myself that I don't think I can do something, I remember, maybe I can't but He can. I rely on that knowledge everyday, and I trust Him. We are working to grow this branch and area. It will grow, and move forward. We find who we want to find. We accomplish what we want to accomplish. I am extremely optimistic about the future in this area! We have been working with branch leaders and members, and I know the Lord is preparing His elect to receive this message. We just have to keep going, and doing things in His timing. I love you, Elder Perry ps. Dad I hope you send me something from the army base in mississippi! I am anxiously waiting for that package!

No comments:

Post a Comment